[Gllug] vmware hosting companies

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Sat Jul 23 14:47:42 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-23 at 14:19 +0000, dave.lambley at gmail.com wrote:
> By guarantee, they presumably mean that they will refund you your hosting charges for any downtime, rather than pay what the downtime has cost you. Not a lie, but the same level of dishonesty as railway ticket refunds I suppose.

There is no dishonesty at all if someone provides a refund for the
downtime. Your losses are your responsibility - you should ensure that
you have sufficient redundancy in place to protect against such
failures.

What is often less that honest is where an SLA offers a refund but then
sets things such that it's impossible to actually get one.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk