[Gllug] My god that Mark Shuttleworth gets everywhere

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:17:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Jason Clifford <jason at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> A large part of my reason for believing MS will never release a Linux
> based OS is that I think they are also determined never to release
> anything which is subject to any version of the FSF GPL because it's
> antithetical to their own corporate ethos.

That's not entirely supported by the facts. Microsoft have already
released software under the GPL (so far, only v2 -- I tend to agree
they'll be extremely unlikely to ship anything under v3).

Tet

--
"Java is a DSL for taking large XML files and converting them to stack
traces" -- Bulat Shakirzyanov
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk