[Gllug] vmware hosting companies

Oliver Howe ojhowe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 12:11:13 UTC 2011

Can anyone recommend a vmware hosting company, to host linux servers on?
I've done a quick search and some of them say they garentee 100% uptime
which is a bold statement.

We're currently pondering whether to go with seperate boxes that we maintain
ourselves and put vmware on,
or go with a hosting company's 'cloud' solution.

We called up our current provider the other day (they too boast of 100%
uptime on their website)
as we had lost connection, and asked the guy what he saw on the vsphere
console as ours had crashed and he said
"oh, I'm not too au fait with Linux, sorry".

Any recommendations, companies to avoid etc, would be appreciated.

Thanks,