[Gllug] My god that Mark Shuttleworth gets everywhere

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Jul 13 18:46:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 13:34 +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:

> Microsoft knows full well that their future depends upon
> controlling the platform being used. They cannot control the cloud due
> to the already well established market presence of Linux and Unix.

They can, however, tie their users in to "their" way of doing things.
You want to receive your "Exchange" mail on your mobile phone?  Of
course you can, but you'll pay to do it.  You want a "Word" compatible
document?  You'll have to rent the use of the software remotely...

There are many ways of tying the (l)users to MS products.  They'll keep
playing those games, and will try their hardest to force business users
to use their products.

The FOSS side of the fence have got to get their house in order, and get
a comprehensive suite of very high quality business software available,
and it's got to be done soon!

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk