[Gllug] Thin client Linux

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Mon Jul 18 17:58:09 UTC 2011

On 17/07/11 12:48, Andrew Davies wrote:
> On 16/07/2011 15:29, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

<snip>

>> I cannot use ubuntu because it is too large.
>> What do people suggest?
>>
>> Kind Regards
>>
>> James
>> --
>>

> Damn Small Linux might be applicable to this.
> --

Alas DSL is long dead, it's not been updated since 2008 which is sad, I
always quite liked it. Having said that,
for those looking for a very light distro with X one of their devs went
on to create the 10MB tinycore linux...

"Our goal is the creation of a nomadic ultra small graphical desktop
operating system capable of booting from cdrom, pendrive, or frugally
from a hard drive. The desktop boots extremely fast and is able to
support additional applications and hardware of the users choice. While
Tiny Core always resides in ram, additional applications extensions can
either reside in ram, mounted from a persistent storage device, or
installed into a persistent storage device."

Roger
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk