[Gllug] UUID of disc devices

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Thu Jul 21 08:22:59 UTC 2011

Hello,
   Is there any way to examine the existing UUID of a device, perhaps in
rescue or maintenance mode? I have a problem where I believe that a disc in
a RAID1 device may be corrupted so the RAID will not start, and it would
help to know what the problem is and on which disc. Debian is using UUID
references to disc devices but does not show either the existing or proposed
new UUID of any device in the standard installer, so I can see the disc by
location but not UUID.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk