[Gllug] MS/Android/HTC/Apple and patent litigation [Once upon a time was "My god that Mark Shuttleworth gets everywhere"]

Andrew Back andrew at carrierdetect.com
Thu Jul 14 15:11:44 UTC 2011

On 14 July 2011 16:04, lesleyb <lesleyb at herlug.org.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:29:01AM +0100, Kalyana wrote:
>> >
>> > MS is unlikely ever to publish a Linux distro. They do have history of
>> > involvement in Unix via SCO (spit!) and have long used BSD derived code.
>> >

>> And now MS is on the patent attack against Android as they're losing
>> in sales for their phone OS against Android.
>> I can never imagine they would say they embrace Linux after that and
>> many other reasons.
>
> And Apple's going after HTC who is counterattacking and 'disappointed' in Apple.
>
> Where there's money to be made there will be bullies trying to grab the lion's share for themselves.

How about changing the subject when it drifts a million miles from the
original one? This is actually more interesting than the discussion
about Ubuntu Cola, but I've been deleting the messages for some time,
thinking "Oh God, not still going on about that drink that just
happens to be named after an African word that was also used in the
naming of a Linux distro".

Not blaming you in particular, Lesley. Just happened to reply at this point.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Back