[Gllug] UUID of disc devices

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Thu Jul 21 11:47:25 UTC 2011

On Thu 21 Jul, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> On 21 July 2011 09:22, Chris Bell <chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >   Is there any way to examine the existing UUID of a device, perhaps in
> > rescue or maintenance mode? I have a problem where I believe that a disc in
> > a RAID1 device may be corrupted so the RAID will not start, and it would
> > help to know what the problem is and on which disc. Debian is using UUID
> > references to disc devices but does not show either the existing or proposed
> > new UUID of any device in the standard installer, so I can see the disc by
> > location but not UUID.
> >

> Does it appear in /dev/disks ?
>
> These should be symbolic links to the actual device.
> --

   No, but the MD system appears to be trying to resync after a problem. If
it is going to spend ages deleting everything and then mount an empty
partition I may as well just start again and re-load from a (very large)
backup. I think the original problem was due to a faulty connection, now
hopefully fixed.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk