[Gllug] Finding the best options in Debian

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Fri Jul 1 10:30:28 UTC 2011

On Fri 01 Jul, 'lesleyb' wrote:

> I don't know quite how you plan to install Debian, but I believe there
> is a point in the graphical install process where you can select different
> machine functionality, e.g web-server, desktop.  You might want to at least
> select X11 and a window manager and then install zoneminder.

   Thanks for the reply.
   I tried a new Debian installation in expert mode on Wednesday using the
latest 6.0.2.1 businesscard installer with KDE desktop but aptitude would
not install zoneminder because of dependency errors. I ran out of time then
but can retry the complete installation using any desktop, and would be
pleased if it is happy with a lightweight desktop. It would save time if I
could easily compare the list of dependencies with what is already provided
by each of the four standard desktop options without doing a complete
re-installation each time. The desktop may only be used initially, with
normal access via a network, as I am trying to build a dedicated system to
just run zoneminder that can be hidden away out of sight.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk