[Gllug] Could you build a distro?

Chris Vine chris at cvine.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 15:09:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 12:58:19 +0100 (BST)
Chris Bell <chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk> wrote:
> Anyone taking the bait of an apparently poorly defined project
> which must be liable to continuous specification changes at a very
> low initial agreed rate is likely to be doing business with a
> government department. It would make far more sense if it is a
> student on a psychology course doing some practical research.

It seemed to me to be fairly harmless good fun (until the list
administrator unsportingly stopped it).  The postings didn't display
any of the unpleasantness which often seems to accompany those with
unusual views of the world.

It was certainly good humoured (I particularly enjoyed the "I contacted
a KDE person a few years ago, they in the end sent an email with
various k-shape letters").  The BBT font/Onlliinnee stuff might possibly
be an interesting psychology experiment rather than just fun/trolling,
to see whether people could be persuaded to take "spiritual" objection
to some random letter of the alphabet and adopt it as a pseudo-religion.

Possibly also interesting is that some on this list still appear to take
it seriously (although that may just be done to get past the
administrator).

Chris
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk