[Gllug] Incredibly slow download

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Sun Jun 26 15:49:22 UTC 2011

Hello,
   I found that all internet connections were timing out on Friday, and
although there was an improvement Saturday the ftpsync update of Debian from
free.hands.com is limiting at about 20 KBytes per second, with no sign of a
finish after about 36 hours instead of the usual two hour maximum overnight.
I am aware that there has just been a Debian update to 6.0.2, and Wimbledon,
and the Grand Prix, but I am seeing isolated peaks of nearer 200 KBytes per
second as I access other sites, still nothing like the rock steady ADSL sync
at 7946Kbps to the C&W LLU. Is there a known problem?

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk