[Gllug] Writing my own system call

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 11:42:50 UTC 2011

On Sun, June 19, 2011 10:25 am, John Hearns wrote:
> On 18 June 2011 15:17, Adrian McMenamin <adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info>
> wrote:
>

>> The exams at the end of the first year were a huge shock - long, long
>> time
>> since my first degree. I panicked a bit about that but actually did ok
>> in
>> the end. Helped me put much more effort in in the second year - though
>> who
>> knows if I'll do any better - may do worse! The project is a real
>> challenge that I am right in the middle of now.
>
> There are posters around for a Birckbeck open evening on the 23rd.
>
> May I ask what the time requirements for a course like this are?

I assume you mean for the part-time option? It takes a lot of time - my
children are older now so that's less of an issue, but if you want to keep
your head above water you need to put the hours in and be disciplined.

It's quite tough in the first year though - you have three hours of
lectures three nights a week and so you aren't really fit for anything
else during the week.

But I'd still recommend it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk