[Gllug] Could you build a distro?

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Wed Jun 8 14:46:36 UTC 2011

On Wed, June 8, 2011 15:09, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> Are you possibly confusing the role of somebody who undertakes the
> technical administration of a mailman list with that of somebody who has
> been appointed to moderate the content of the list?  I do not remember
> GLLUG ever having a moderator.  It seems this is a role you have given
> yourself.

More that I didn't duck quickly enough when, at a GLLUG meeting probably
close to 8 years ago, a volunteer was sought to keep reasonable order on
the list.

I've intervened no more than a handful of times and offlist emails have
generally indicated that I get it right more often than not.

Anyway, I don't have to do this, some may argue that there's no need for
me to do so. I'm entirely ambivalent about it, I have way more things to
do and would cheerfully either pass the job onto someone else elected to
the post, or simply not do it at all. I quite literally do not care either
way :)

Mart.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk