[Gllug] Could you build a distro?

Sunny Aujla sunnyfedora99 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:30:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Krishna Birth <krishnabirth at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, June 6, 2011 20:27, Krishna Birth wrote:
>>> This distro is based on an esoteric philosophy.  Opensource software /
>>> hardware and esoteric philosophy are nice.
>>
>> Which esoteric philosophy is that then?
>>
>>> No other distro at this time offers what this distro is going to offer.
>>
>> What's that then?
>
> .....is for Srila Prabhupada: the always on eternal spiritual
> initiating and education guru.
>
>>> I have said above that this distro is like no other distro and this
>>> distro is based on an esoteric philosophy.  It is going to be a
>>> non-commercial distro.  It is a grass roots based distro:  new distro
>>> and new people.
>>
>> Show us the code.  So far you have a website and a tshirt. Nothing
>> downloadable, no git repo, no project plan, no mailing list.  In short,
>> nothing that looks even close to a viable open source project.
>
> I am not a software coder qualified.  Thus I am requesting for help on
> this list.
>
>> Don't get me wrong, I genuinely hope you achieve whatever it is you want
>> to, even if you haven't been able to make me understand what it is you're
>> doing that's new, interesting, different and revolutionary.
>
> Let me keep it simple and practical for you to start with.  Could you
> tweek Ubuntu or Fedora by removing all their fonts from everywhere and
> putting BBT and Rail Model font?

haha, BBT font - Back to the whole 'K' business again!  What is the
point of rebuilding/tweaking a distro just to change the font!!!

>> Now, you've asked for help, and I hope you've managed to get some.
>> However your current reponses to questions on this list are not painting
>> you, nor your pet project, in a good light.
>
> Like I said before I am not a software coder.  I  am a non-techie and
> you I suppose are a techie.  This could be the source to your
> perceptions/views about me or the project.
>
>> I'm _still_ waiting for someone to come up with a distro that's better
>> than Debian, maybe your "esoteric philosophy" is going to be that thing.
>> I'm not going to find out if you keep up your current policy of
>> non-information.
>
> Sorry.  You get me wrong.  I am a newbie and a non-techie.  I want a
> tweek to a big popular distro, they have the coding resources.  When
> they improve their coding, then the new distro is also improved.  To
> keep it simple and practical for you to start with, I wish to have
> only certain fonts.  Once you do this we then move to the next stage.

You need to read up on software project planing!  Please do some
research.  Obviously you're not getting the point what the other guys
on the mailing list have told you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk