[Gllug] ADVERT: Graduate Systems Engineers

Emily Skeggs emily.skeggs at ocado.com
Thu Jun 9 18:05:32 UTC 2011

*Graduate Systems Engineer - Ocado Technology*

We are looking for this year’s best and brightest graduates to join our
growing infrastructure team.

Our technical infrastructure is constantly evolving to keep up with the
rapid business growth and technical developments. We look after all of the
Ocado IT infrastructure that runs the highly automated distribution centre,
our award winning website and the state-of-the-art systems that control our
numerous delivery sites across the country. We run our own data centres and
manage a large, multi-vendor network using equipment from Brocade, Juniper,
Cisco and Aruba. Our infrastructure is designed to ensure that our mission
critical systems operate 24 x7.

As a graduate Systems Engineer you could be involved in projects using the
latest open source developments such as Debian, Puppet, Django, Asterisk and
OpenVZ or building networks using technologies such as MPLS, BGP and
Ethernet fabrics. You will be involved in all aspects of systems from
concept and design through to implementation and support.

Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for Linux
systems or networking in different ways: through work experience, choice of
degree or personal interests. If you spend your free time hacking together
new technologies for fun and are ready for the challenge of integrating
these into existing systems then you could be exactly what we're looking
for.

Whether your interest is in switching architecture, wi-fi design, network
security or Linux, we can offer you the opportunity to gain practical
experience in your chosen area and further your knowledge. Working in an
informal environment with like-minded people, you will take up a hands-on
role within our business, with a good balance between training and support,
and autonomy and flexibility.

If you have or are expecting a *2:1 or 1st class degree* in a Computing or
numerate science discipline from a top institution, backed by *strong
A-levels* ( including A-grades in Maths and/or Computing) and *demonstrable
knowledge of Unix or networking*, then we want to hear from you!

To apply, send a covering letter and CV with full academic results to date
to graduates at ocado.com, quoting ref:* GluggGradSysEng*.

--
Emily Skeggs
Recruitment Support Officer

Direct line: 01707 228268
Mobile: 07725 171745
Fax: 01707 227999
Email: emily.skeggs at ocado.com
www.ocado.com

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the Postini Virus Control Centre.