[Gllug] Incredibly slow download

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Mon Jun 27 18:00:13 UTC 2011

On Mon 27 Jun, 'lesleyb' wrote:

> I get angsty when any 'partition' shows more than 75%.  Not sure how
> such a full drive would affect RAID performance but there must be
> disk overheads in running RAID.  Have you purged/cleaned/autocleaned recently?
>
> Regards
>
> Lesley

   This RAID1 pair of discs only carries my local mirror, normally updated
every night using ftpsync  (from /debian/project/ftpsync/ ) which uses a
modified rsync to only update selected architectures from the original site,
cleaning out old files as it goes. I have been watching df for a while as it
moved closer to the limit, and I have already planned to move the mirror to
a much larger RAID1 pair on another machine within the next few days.
   Unfortunately slightly delayed by someone breaking into my car and then
setting fire to it, followed by problems chasing off scrap merchants, etc,
long periods spent contacting police and insurance, etc. Fortunately there
is good public transport here.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk