[Gllug] Distro Latest

Krishna Birth krishnabirth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:20:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM, John Maclean
<jayeola.list.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> What exactly do you want?
>
> Please send a reply to me if you have detailed this already. Stop noise etc.
>

> /dev/BlackBerry®

Hi John

Glad you are able to help.  I wrote almost the same below to a
consultant a few days ago, they are experienced with Linux and also
water cooled computers.  Have not heard from him.  Is this what you
mean?

There is a development path to this project I feel and this depends on
factors.

Fonts for the Distro -
In 2008 and 2010 I commissioned alterations to 2 opensource licensed
font and they became BBT font and Rail Model font.  There k/K shapes
have been altered to unicode 0915 shapes though they are now on the
english/euro latin keyboard map.  BBT is serif (ok for apps e.g.
wordprocessing) and Rail Model is sans serif monospace (ok for GUI and
even verbose and terminals if 'bitmapped').  Both are freely available
on the net.  Thus these are 2 fonts only I have now and as the project
develops there could be more fonts all having different shape 11th
letter.  You don't need to worry about designing fonts.

If you could bitmap Rail Model font for verbose and terminals that
would be good.  There are conversion tool for this.

Distro and Software -
(a)  To start with a defult start page on the browser that comes up at
via Live CD/USB or installation linked to a video site, e.g.
www.onlliinnee.net/transparent-via-media together with rail modelling
links (to be chosen) on the browser bookmark.  There are some keyboard
apps that I also have that could be incorporated into the distro.
There is also a Firefox extension keyboard.  This same Firefox
extension has been made for the Windows operating system (I have not
tested yet) by someone though not yet for Linux my chosen operating
system though they have said they will convert it to Linux, not sure
when.

Hardware and Firmware/Drivers -
Then I am hoping the "for Srila Prabhupada" of the project develops
more (tell you more about this later) and this depends on various
factors that there are software and hardware apps/tools  for plugging
a specific purpose type of rail model kit to the computer as you do a
usb webcam and letting others control this specific purpose type of
rail model from their computers.  Don't worry about this paragraph for
the time being.

Regards,

Meeku
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk