[Gllug] Oldest Linux user in Britain

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Jun 27 15:38:16 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 11:10:07AM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
>    The government backed RaceOnline2012.org is preparing to supply cheap
> secondhand computers running ubuntu to any people who have no current
> internet access, including all ages.

Where do you get the idea they'll be running Ubuntu?  Some sort of
Ubuntu UK user group are a partner, but so are Microsoft, and I guess
we all know which one will be "donating" "millions of pounds worth of
software".

http://raceonline2012.org/partner/microsoft

This page [PDF, sorry] says both packages will come with Windows 7:

http://raceonline2012.org/sites/default/files/resources/get_online__home_fact_sheet_nd11_may_2011.pdf

Rich.

--
Richard Jones