[Gllug] Fastest computer in the world - runs Linux

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:15:45 UTC 2011

On 20 June 2011 14:09, Robert McKay <robert at mckay.com> wrote:

> Everything is a niche and a niche of 500 is a relatively small niche as
> niches go. Linux occupies many niches including several very mainstream ones
> (such as android).

Agreed. The point I'm trying to make is that  Top500 type systems have
tricked down into mainstream use.

And re. Android yes indeed - and it is not great that we can say the
Linux kernel runs on everything from the smartphone in your pocket,
to the webserver your phone contacts to see if it will be raining this
afternoon, to the supercomputers the Met Office uses to predict rain
this afternoon?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk