[Gllug] [GLLUG] BBC Website

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Mar 30 07:22:53 UTC 2011

On 29 Mar 2011, John Hearns told this:

> On 29 March 2011 23:04, Sunny Aujla <sunnyfedora99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Who's kicked the plug out to BBC's web servers? :)
>
> As someone on the twittersphere points out - if Radio 4's Today
> programme is not being broadcast, that is a sign to Britains Trident
> fleet that the UK has been wiped off the map, and they are to unleash
> Armageddon. Please, please, please tell me that Trident submarines use
> Radio 4 Long Wave, and not IP radio.

Yeah, the directive (if it is still in force: it's kind of hard to find
out) long predates the existence of IP :)q

(in any case, AIUI this applies if Britain has been attacked and all
members of the chain of command are gone. I don't think the BBC's
website dropped off the air becasue London was nuked, though if it was
with only two days left working there I'd be annoyed at the timing.)

--
NULL && (void)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk