[Gllug] BE Broadband (was Off Topic: Backup ISP)

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Mon Mar 28 20:50:04 UTC 2011

On 28 March 2011 18:36, Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org> wrote:

> Aren't BT selling all your browsing details to "Phorm" and other
> advertising companies?  They also have some pretty restrictive download
> policies.

I thought BT dropped Phorm back in 2009.. I would never have gone with
BT if they hadn't.  They've also just changed (or at least are
changing) their fair usage policies and removing the 320Gb cap for
Infinity.  They reserve the right to traffic shape if necessary for
very heavy users, but pretty much free for all at this time is what I
gather from various sources.

> My experience is that BE are the most liberal, and have intelligent
> support.  They might not be the cheapest, but you really get what you
> pay for!

Yes, indeed - although I am also very fond of Andrews & Arnold.
Wasn't too impressed with the Zyxel router they supplied though :(

Mart
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk