[Gllug] Fedora - Advertising My Machine Name

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Sat Mar 12 20:35:15 UTC 2011

Dear GLLUGers,

I'm running Fedora 14 on a Dell Laptop -- great!

My home ADSL router identifies that there are two wireless connections,
my wife's and mine.  However, it knows the name of my wife's machine
(running Windows XP), but not the name of mine.

Does anyone know how I can advertise this information?

On a more general level, can anyone give me pointers to how I can get
the three machines acting as a network?  I can't ping my wife's machine,
for example.

Regards,

Mick

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk