[Gllug] Off Topic: Backup ISP

j.roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Tue Mar 29 10:44:02 UTC 2011

On 29/03/2011 10:27, david at gbenet.com wrote:

> Wow! Never a problem and never been down! I've been with them a year - just over - I'd say
> that in a 12 month period they have been down 3 months - and as for 5 Mbs transfer I've
> never ever got as high as 5Mbs. There is no fire optic cable!! They are a bullshit company.
>
> I'm trying to find an alternative cable company - ADSL's to slow and unreliable

Hate to say anything good about a service in any way (however faintly)
connected with that abject t*sser Branson (who still owes me money for
work I did in 1975-7) but -

one of our staff has a Virgin 20 Mbps cable connection and in two years
it has been down for 15 min. It consistently delivers better than
20 Mbps. So I'm thinking of getting one myself.

--
Stabilys Ltd
www.stabilys.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk