[Gllug] App development for children

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri May 20 05:59:56 UTC 2011

As an aside to the comments about the big 'E' sign on windows PCs;
I discovered on one of our cgi-generated web pages the other day which
worked perfectly with firefox but displayed badly in IE that one of the
issues with web-browsers is the way the deal with the issue of 'pairing'
of start and end tags.  Some cope well with missing </..) tags where the
next <..> tag infers end of scope, whereas others do not!  In this
particular case firefox was happy with a missing </tr> whereas IE obligingly
displayed the following data on the same row despite a fresh <tr>!

Now that we have a plethora of available browsers I guess it makes the testing
of web pages more tedious.

Of course one could always do what one web page did to me the other day,
most annoyingly, and simply say 'this page will only work with Internet
Explorer'!

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk