[Gllug] IPv6?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat May 28 17:22:04 UTC 2011

On 06/05/11 17:17, Alain Williams wrote:
[snip]
> The Billion BiPAC 7800N seems to have some good reviews, supporting IPv6 since
> a firmware update in Feb:
> 	http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Reviews.asp?ProductID=8074
> 	http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002TOKGL8
> 	http://boardreader.com/fp/Broadband_Forums_think_broadba_1080923/DSL_Hardware_Discussion_2169090.html

Just bought one of these.  You upgrade it to firmware 1.06d from the
Billion web site, reset, then tick the "Enable IPv6" check box and bam,
you have full IPv6 connectivity (assuming your ISP supports it - I use A&A).

It appears to doing NAT on your IPv4 and not on your IPv6.  Each of my
devices on the LAN picks up a global IPv6 address.  The IPv6 firewall
appears to default to allowing all outgoing traffic and refusing all
incoming.  There are facilities there to add extra rules but I've yet to
set up an incoming IPv6 rule.

Documentation is poor - read non-existent - but it's a start.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk