[Gllug] App development for children

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Tue May 17 16:18:29 UTC 2011

On 17/05/2011 16:48, Imran Ghory wrote:
>> >  George Osborne, not Nick Clegg. The article can be found at
>> >  http://tinyurl.com/444ay4b
>>
> Video of Osborne's actual talk:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUR5d59Pnt8&feature=player_embedded

And the official transcript at http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/press_48_11.htm

Basically Blackberry et al will use some of their marketing spend to
launch competitions aimed at schoolkids.

Can't do any harm as far as I can see and might encourage some kids to
look deeper into how these devices work than they might otherwise do.

Much as we might lament kids not getting a more technical education, as
far as most people are concerned computers are as ubiquitous as a car
and we don't teach mechanics to most kids either. Whether that's a good
thing or not is perhaps a different debate :-)

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk