[Gllug] Apple Ipod Help

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed May 11 17:15:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 07:33 +0100, david at gbenet.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've discovered that my ipod is a blue 2Gb "Shuffle" like a 2Gb memory stick but able to
> play tunes - 39 quid from Tesco. I will give all your suggestions a go.
>
> Thanks
>
> David

Get rid of it to someone who isn't as "open" as you, and spend ~£20 on a
4Gb Philips Go-Gear Luxe.  It has a rechargeable battery (with a mini
USB connection), appears as a drive when you connect it to your
computer, does FM radio too, and (best of all) gives you hands-free
Bluetooth to your mobile phone.  It's great when cycling or walking and
you never miss calls because you had your headphones on...

Incidentally, the Philips thing runs a tiny embedded Linux, too!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk