[Gllug] OT

Progga proggaprogga at gmail.com
Sat May 21 12:34:22 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 12:17:40PM +0100, Dylan wrote:
> On Friday 20 May 2011, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > Why on earth did I not know about "cowsay" before?!
> >
> > $ cowsay -y 'hello GLLUG!'
> >  ______________
> > < hello GLLUG! >
> >  --------------
> >         \   ^__^
> >          \  (..)\_______
> >             (__)\       )\/\
> >
> >                 ||----w |
> >
> > (You can return to your original programming now)
> >
> > Rich.
>
> They're not as effective as goats, and make a lot more mess ...

Just noticed (from Hacker News) that cowsay has been listed in
"A little collection of cool unix terminal/console/curses tools" :
http://kkovacs.eu/cool-but-obscure-unix-tools

Then noticed at the end of the article that the author saying:
"... that's the place to get into nice old-school FidoNet-style flame
wars about the important things in life, like whether or not tmux
is better than screen ..." and I thought I am the only confused about
whether to stick with screen or move to tmux :-(

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk