[Gllug] Changing default action for Totem Movie Player

James Holland holland.james at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 16:10:50 UTC 2011

On 17/11/11 16:04, James Holland wrote:
> On 17/11/11 15:19, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Totem is my default media player in Ubuntu 10.04. Right now when I open
>> a file from nautilus or gPodder it clears the current playlist and
>> immediately starts playing the file. I'd like to change it so the
>> default action for opening a file with Totem queues new items in the
>> playlist instead. Anyone know what I'd have to do to achieve this?
>
> Google brings up:
> http://www.doknowevil.net/2009/11/08/using-nautilus-scripting-abilities-to-integrate-right-click-file-enqueues-with-mocp/
>

> and: http://seemanta.net/myblog/?p=509

This looks a lot better:
http://www.g-loaded.eu/2005/11/10/add-files-to-totem-playing-list-from-nautilus/

Or just use nautilus-actions-config and use the following settings:
Label: Tooltip: Add to totem playlist
Icon:/usr/share/pixmaps/totem.xpm
Action:totem
Parameters: –enqueue %M
Appears if file matches filenames:*.mp3 ; *.ogg ; *.mpc ; *.aac ; *.wav
; *.ac3 ; *.avi ; *.ogm ; *.mpg ; *.mpeg ; *.wmv ; *.rm ; *.ram ; *.vob
; *.asf
Appears if selection contains: only files
Appears for multiple: true
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk