[Gllug] Smart cities get their own operating system -what underlies the McClaren OS?

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Tue Oct 4 04:51:33 UTC 2011

On 04/10/11 01:52, Malcolm Blackmore wrote:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15109403
>
> Smart cities get their own operating system
> Katia Moskvitch By Katia Moskvitch Technology reporter, BBC News

Great. We can't build something as simple as an online patients record
database, we can barely secure our own personal computers / bank
accounts and there's industrial control system malware loose on the
internet and now some blue sky consultant muppets want to wire 50
billion arbitrary devices together (some of them part of life critical
systems), remove humans from the equation and let them "figure out" the
"best solutions" between themself. What could possibly go wrong?

Roger
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk