[Gllug] MiniPC with 2x NIC

Robert forums at binaryexistence.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 11:18:41 UTC 2012

On 04/04/12 10:49, Tim Hughes wrote:
> I have been looking at getting one of these
> http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=40, a little expensive but designed
> for what you want. Their thin client is dual lan which is a bit odd
> for a thin client but would make a nice router
> http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=27 and is a fair bit cheaper

1st link is nice but a bit too expensive for me when you start to add
storage etc to it.

I like the 2nd link a lot. I just spent some time going through the
individual components and came up with a 2700 Atom + 2GB RAM, 60GB SSD
and a case for £13 more than the 2nd link, can be cheaper if you change
the drive out, but SSD just basically makes this a noiseless system.

I believe SSD is fine with Linux now? I'm sure I briefly read something
a while back with there being problems.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk