[Gllug] Linux Petition

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Sat Apr 21 09:35:20 UTC 2012

On Sat, April 21, 2012 00:15, Rich Walker wrote:
> Perhaps it's just the people I work with, but every project we've
> started in the last couple of years, we've said "here's the Google
> Calendar" and we've never had anyone ask about Outlook.

Outlook by itself is not a particularly good calendaring tool.  When is
combined with an Exchange server, and Exchange is doing all the heavy
lifting, that's when it starts to get good.

Google's calendars are "okay", but it you want something !Google then I
suggest taking a look at Zimbra.  Zimbra has really grown on me as a
viable, and free enough, exchange replacement.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk