[Gllug] Dell Latitudes D830 USB problem....

Chris E Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Thu Apr 19 15:17:55 UTC 2012

The USB ports on the laptop itself are USB 1.1  The ports on the docking station are USB 2.  This one doesn't have a docking station (yet). It's an appallingly badly designed piece of junk!

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Christian Smith <csmith at thewrongchristian.org.uk> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:25:25AM +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> Finally, I've made some minor progress - the "USB device cannot be
> enumerated" persists, but I've found out that the USB ports are only USB
> 1.1, not USB 2....

Are you sure? The D830 is Core2 based, no? Any laptop of that vintage will
include USB2.0.

What does lspci output?

Christian