[Gllug] MiniPC with 2x NIC

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 5 14:34:26 UTC 2012

On 05/04/2012, Andrew Farnsworth <farnsaw at stonedoor.com> wrote:
> I believe he is talking about TRIM support which Linux didn't have at
> first.  It really depends on the file system and settings.  Google for it
> and you find that Ext4 and Btrfs support it (and maybe others) but you may
> have to pass parameters.

At the risk of being rude to Robert, this is an example of how FUD spreads.
There is an example quoted on some support forum or other, or on a
blog, along the lines of "Linux does not support Device XYZ" or "Linux
cannot do ABC"
Months or years later, when there IS support for XYZ and ABC in the
Linux kernel the information surfaces again.

Sorry Robert - really and honestly not a personal attack on you, but I
have seen how FUD regarding Linux propagates. And remember Linux does
not have a huge marketing budget behind it. Yes I DO know that Redhat
is a billion dollar company these days, but we don't see the blitz of
television and press advertisign for a new Redhat version etc. etc.
etc.   s/Redhat/Ubuntu/ to your liking.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk