[Gllug] Linux Petition

Asc ascdump at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 23:23:38 UTC 2012

>>> I know my employers would be reluctant to look at using google
>>> calendar as they'll be concerned about confidential
>>> data/meetings/shared documents being on a system outside of our own
>>> control, but I'm sure this is more to do with perception and adapting to
>> change.
>>
>> The same thing could be said of any part of a business using 'cloud' services.
>
> And, quite frankly, should be.

The main problem with google hosting business data for my work was they could not guarantee that the data would remain in the EU and thus be governed by EU law. Our lawyers spent many months negotiating this with them in 2010 and could not be resolved. However Microsoft could ensure it and we eventually went with their Live service and some custom agreement.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk