[Gllug] Gnome3 on Fedora 16 (Again)

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Wed Apr 18 09:18:30 UTC 2012

On Wed 18 Apr, John Edwards wrote:
> Changing the UID and GID of a logged in user it not an easy process,
> and if that user is the only one with sudo privileges if it likely
> to end up with a broken system.

   My first attempts with Linux gave an initial UID 100, which soon changed.
I try to keep the UID for each user consistent across my local network, so I
always create a throw-away initial user, then create real users starting
from a much higher specified UID, edit the group permissions as required for
the real users, then delete the original throw-away user.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk