[Gllug] Software Raid 5 MD0 just stopped working

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Sun Apr 29 21:30:52 UTC 2012

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 16:50:00 +0100, Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to fathom why MD0 just packed up a went home. Noting in the
> log files to give a clue.

Is it mentioned in mdadm.conf, and is what's in mdadm.conf the same as
what:

  mdadm --scan --examine

spits out?

I'm not a Fedora user, but various upgrades of mdadm in Debian have
broken things either because the device names changed, or I saw one
system were the UUIDs changed (for no reason I could work out) and there
have occasionally been issues with initrds not being rebuilt with all
the raids listed to be started (but that would only stop it appearing at
boot time, rather than make it not be there at all.

Cheers, Phil.