[Gllug] Linux Petition

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Fri Apr 20 23:15:38 UTC 2012

John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 03/04/2012, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
> > Regarding MS Exchange. Is there yet a *good* free drop in replacement, ie
> > one
> > that lets people continue to use MS Outlook, will also play with Thunderbird
> > &
> > Evolution ?
>
> It is the shared calendaring which makes Outlook a lock-in to many companies.
> People depend on it very closely for their day to day work.

Perhaps it's just the people I work with, but every project we've
started in the last couple of years, we've said "here's the Google
Calendar" and we've never had anyone ask about Outlook.

Calendar downloads to connected devices, works on everyone's phone, and
so forth.

Is there *anyone* who would write Outlook into the op plan for a new
business?

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
managing director      251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk