[Gllug] suse 12.1 not connect online

Dimitrios Siganos dimitris at siganos.org
Sun Apr 22 17:37:47 UTC 2012

This shows that the file /var/log/messages exists and has lots of data
and is most probably the destination of the system logs.

So now that have identified the system log, please do the following.

Run the commands:
logger HELLO
tail -f -n 100 /var/log/messages

Then unplug the network cable, wait a few seconds, and plug it in again,
wait for 30 seconds, and send us the output of the tail command.

Dimitris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk