[Gllug] Iptables routing via SSH tunnel

Vipul Agarwal vipul at nuttygeeks.com
Wed Apr 18 00:19:25 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I have two linux servers with root access and an external database server
which is managed by someone else.
Initially, only one of my server can access this external database server
while the other can't due to IP restriction.

I want to enable access to this external database server to my other linux
server temporarily as it'll take few days to get the IP added to the
firewall.
I think this can be done using a SSH tunnel. Please help me writing the
correct iptables rules to route all the traffic to a specific IP/port via
the SSH tunnel.

Regards,
Vipul