[Gllug] Firefox Controls on Fedora 16

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Mon Apr 2 19:44:18 UTC 2012

On 02/04/12 19:10, Mick Farmer wrote:
> Dear GLLUGers,
>
> It's probably Gnome 3 rather than Fedora.
>
> What have they done with the Firefox buttons, such as
> forward a page, refresh, stop download.  Can I restore them?
> A pointer would be useful.

Right-click on a toolbar and choose 'Customise...' to add missing items.

The navigation buttons are on the left of the address bar, once you have
been to more than one page (and therefore have something to go forward
or back to)

The stop/refresh buttons are at the other endm, inside the right edge of
the address box

> How do I run more than one copy of a program?  For example,
> I want two versions of terminal talking to different
> systems.

For the buttons in the 'favourites' column...

left-click takes you to the most recent open instance of an app

right click shows a menu from which you can choose which instance you
want or to open a new one

middle click opens a new instance on a new virtual desktop

although for me it was easier to define a keyboard shortcut for
terminals as I use a lot of them.

system settings -> keyboard -> shortcuts

There should already be an option in the list for ;open terminal' - just
assign a keyboard combo to it. I used ctrl-alt-t

> Gnome 3 is certainly a steep leaning process!

Yes, but (at least for me) it eventually does just get out of your way

Next puzzle: how to get your delete key working again :)

also of use:
http://fedorasolved.org/Members/bookwar/gnome-3-tips
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/CheatSheet
http://linuxart.com/log/archives/2011/04/07/gnome-3/

Stuart

--
Stuart Sears RHCA etc. "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favourite day,"
said Pooh.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk