[GLLUG] A USB WiFi dongle that works as Host/Master

Matthew Copperwaite mattcopp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:24:21 UTC 2012

Hi Guys,

A little bored of all the requests to events going on all over the
country that most people can't attend, so I have a serious question
that I can't seem to find the answer to.

I was wondering if anyone knew of or owns a USB WiFi dongle
(preferably capable of .11n) that works in Host/Master mode so it can
be run as an access point. Finding (or rather deciphering) this
information seems difficult as a lot of dongles are capable, but not
all of them work well in Linux which is the real key here. So previous
experience of one that works and where to buy it would be best.

Thanks in advance,

Matt