[GLLUG] Routing problem

Adrian McMenamin adrianmcmenamin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 10:37:58 UTC 2012

I have set up a Raspberry Pi box (running Raspian, ie Debian-like) to
bridge a wired to wireless connection. That bit works well.

Before I bridged the connection, the box was running a Squid proxy but now
this fails as the box has some issue with communicating outside my network
-  I can ssh into and out of the box inside my network but when I try to
connect externally there is excessive delay. For instance if I ping an
address externally, I get all five pings returned and they record a
reasonable time but take an excessive amount of time between pings.

Pinging 8.8.8.8 (ie Google's DNS) works perfectly though.

Any ideas?