[GLLUG] Anyone know how webmin does its dirty work?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Dec 29 18:25:10 UTC 2012

On 29/12/12 18:03, Jan Henkins wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> That is a permit all policy, so the problem is most likely elsewhere.
> Please have a look at the interfaces file. For testing purposes, rename
> or remove that rules file and see if your problem goes away, but
> double-check your interfaces file too. It is entirely possible that
> Webmin did some changes there.
>
> In defence of Webmin, it is a great tool. Having said that, please take
> time to get to know it properly

I would love to, but I'm running up against a lack of documentation.
The firewall module documentation merely says that the settings are
stored in "a file" but doesn't deign to tell you where the file is.

I'll keep struggling, but as soon as I manage to break back in I'll
certainly be deleting webmin.

John