[Gllug] Ssh Debugging

Dimitrios Siganos dimitris at siganos.org
Sat Feb 25 20:57:31 UTC 2012

Hi Mick,

There is nothing unsual about a server binding to IP address "0.0.0.0"
The zero IP address, in that context, simply means "any". In other
words, the server is happy to receive incoming requests from any interface.

The real error is this:
Bind to port 1234 on 0.0.0.0 failed: Address already in use.

It means that another program is already using TCP port 1234. When it
says address, it means the combination of port and address.

To find out who holds port 1234, do:
netstat -tanp|grep 1234

Regards,
Dimitrios Siganos