[Gllug] Fedora Core 14

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 11:50:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 10:34:16AM +0000, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
<snip>
> Don't know the answer for FC, but with Ubuntu you have to upgrade one
> release at a time. (Or it was the case 1 year ago).
> I.e. 14, 15, 16 and not 14, 16

Not true for Ubuntu LTS (Long Term Support) releases, which can
be upgraded directly to the next LTS release.

These are currently the first release of even years (6.06, 8.04,
10.04, 12.04) and supported for 3 years for the desktop packages
and 5 years for server packages.

But I'm pretty sure that Fedora has to upgraded sequentially,
14 -> 15 -> 16. Which makes it a pain to keep my sole (only
occasionally used) Fedora install secure because I have to
spend several hours every 6 month waiting for packages to
download and install.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk