[Gllug] Hardware problems / good replacements

James Roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Tue Feb 14 13:03:03 UTC 2012

On 11/02/12 21:21, David L Neil wrote:

> Without wishing to hi-jack the thread too far away from the OP's needs,

This is not a suggestion of homework reading but something that you (and
perhaps others) might be interested in poking at (and getting ideas, or
dire warnings, from) as it seems, in my clearly-limited experience and
knowledge, to work rather well as a KVM solution +:

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Main_Page

It is a Debian-based build, so probably not suitable if you prefer the
RH route. We have been running it for a couple of years with
satisfaction. It has most of the bits joined up nicely and working well
(IM,c-l,HO).

--
Stabilys Ltd		www.stabilys.com
244 Kilburn Lane