[Gllug] Debian 6.04 trouble with X

john gennard joney1930 at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 27 17:14:44 UTC 2012

I'm 81 and had a stroke just over two years ago which has left me with
memory difficulties. A couple of days ago, I installed Squeeze on a new
computer (Lenny which I've been using on another box is getting too long
in the tooth)

I had problems with the installation, but I struggled through although
the installer ran away from me. So I will have to do some pruning (when I
can call to mind the command line instructions) and will have to
reconfigure the kernel although I do not think this will present a problem.

There is one immediate problem which I cannot get a feel for. In
graphic mode, I have an unstable picture, but I can't think where to start
trying to correct it. The graphics card has a ATI Radeon HD 5450 chip -
where is the Xorg configuration file stored? I don't think I've ever
configured Xorg but I can;t be certain.

Could someone assist.

John.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk