[Gllug] Centos 5.6 3ware raid 5

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Feb 8 21:31:41 UTC 2012

On 02/08/2012 09:12 PM, Keith Edmunds wrote:
>> getting the block alignment right was super critical since
>> the 3w bios tries some funky stuff under the hood.
>
> Interesting. Do you have any reference for that?

Not off the top of my head, no. The docs used to be very clear about
using 32k raid-5 stripe size for seq and 256k for random ops. And
actively discouraged use of 64k and 128k ( 128k wasent actually even
supported ).

Looking through the 'new' lsi site, some of the content from amcc's site
on these 8xxx and 7xxx sata hba's seem to have been lost ( or I cant
find it anymore ).

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk