[Gllug] open source centric ICT in Schools from Sept 2012 ?

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Fri Jan 13 11:12:43 UTC 2012

On Fri 13 Jan, Bernard Peek wrote:

> Both arguments need to be made at the right time and place.

   Some time ago I contacted my MP, Angie Bray, saying that there was very
little help for new users of Unix compatible Free Open Source Software. It
turned out that she was involved with a University in East London, and she
said she would investigate further. I was then contacted by a researcher
working for her and I passed on some more information. I doubt whether I was
the only person to contact their MP, but there does appear to have been a
change of direction. I am sure that any help and/or suggestions would be
welcome, but ordinary back-bench MPs are only supposed to act on behalf of
their own constituents.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk